Our January health kick will see us cracking out the blender and whizzing up some delicious, fruity smoothies — and this one is Jimi’s all time favourite.
We’re lucky and haven’t ever had problems getting fruit and veg into the kids, in fact the fruit I bought yesterday (to make this smoothie) barely made it into the fruit bowl before being picked at — I was stashing bananas in high cupboards and blueberries under the sink!
The idea of these smoothies is to ween myself off of my Christmas sweet-tooth. The plan being to have a selection of yummy smoothies and juices made up in the fridge to grab when my cravings kick in. It remains to be seen if this will do the trick, but it sure has been fun blending up different variations and attempting to come up with the ultimate smoothie.
This particular smoothie is packed full of antioxidants. Both sweetened and unsweetened soya milk work well, I opted for the latter as is sounded healthier.
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 50g (1/2 cup) blueberries
- ½ banana
- 4 strawberries, fresh of frozen
- 180ml (3/4 cup) soya milk
- Place the hot water into a bowl, add the green tea bag and leave to infuse for around 3 minutes. Strain the tea bag out and discard, place the infused water into the blender.
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.