A wickedly scrummy custard recipe.
Quick and easy but oh so rich and creamy. Pour this over a sponge or drown a banana in it, or simply grab a spoon and tuck in while it’s still reducing down, like I did. 🙂 Don’t burn your tongue though, like I did. 🙁
This is zero to tasty in just ten minutes.
- 600ml (2½ cups) full-fat milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- Place the egg yolks, cornflour and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk to a smooth paste.
- Place the milk in a pan and heat until just boiling.
- Pour the milk over the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Pour the custard back into the pan and heat gently, stirring constantly until thickened.
I am now a proud publisher on Yummly 🙂 — please use the new yum button below to start sharing or click here to have a nose around my Publisher Page >>>