Welcome to my super simple homemade BBQ sauce recipe. It uses the most basic of store-cupboard staples, those that have probably been buried deep behind the empty bags of dried pasta and the lost tins of chopped tomatoes. Finally, an opportunity to use that bottle of Worcestershire sauce!
Ready in just 4 minutes, this is ideal for that last minute summer BBQ.
It’s also perfect for coating any barbecued meat — chicken, pork chops, steaks — and is great as a dipping sauce, too.
Definitely hold off on the Tabasco if heat isn’t your deal, but feel free to add more than the suggested dash if it is.
Enjoy y’all! (said in my award-winning Southern accent)
- 125g (1/2 cup) ketchup
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 dash of Tabasco (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a small saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over a medium heat
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- Brush over barbecued meats or use as a dipping sauce