We have just got a new microwave! So to celebrate I thought I would give my microwave fudge recipe a whirl.
The results were amazing, silky smooth and beautifully sweet fudge with the trademark Baileys flavour to top it off.
I made this at 10AM, and whist very organised of me the tipple of the Baileys I had, just to test you know, really sent my head whirling — or it could of been staring into the new microwave while the fudge cooked — either way I actually needed a lay down before writing this.
Oh well, it is Christmas!
- 400g (14oz) can condensed milk
- 140g (5oz) butter
- 240g (8½oz) caster sugar
- 240g (8½oz) brown sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ tbsp baileys
- Line a 9" square cake tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Place the condensed milk, butter and sugars into a large microwaveable bowl .
- Microwave the fudge for a total of 9 minutes for a 900W microwave and 11 minutes for a 800W microwave, stopping and stirring every 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on the mixture as it will bubble up A LOT!
- Stir through the vanilla and Baileys and carefully pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Allow the fudge to cool to room temperature and then place in the fridge for a few hours until fully set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!