The last lot of overnight oats went down so well that I’ve been creating loads of different variations. Today’s is packed full of fruity goodness. The addition of strawberries and blueberries jam this brekkie full of antioxidants — great for improving brain function, memory and reducing ageing.
It is just as simple as the others to make, just chuck all the ingredients into a jar the night before, shake, and then enjoy the next morning. A totally fuss free start to the day, leaving you more time to argue with the kids about why they must wear underwear under their school clothes even though it’s not a P.E. day and so nobody would know either way.
I prefer this particular oaty combination cold, however it still tastes fantastic warmed in the microwave — whatever floats your boat.
- 70g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 120ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- handful of fresh blueberries
- ½ banana, chopped
- 4 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1-2 tsp honey, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a clean jar, pop the lid on TIGHT and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Leave in the fridge overnight, to be enjoyed in the morning -- hot or cold.